DMK-Congress alliance intact: TNCC chief
Chennai: TNCC president K V Thangkabalu
today said the DMK-Congress alliance is intact and expressed
confidence that the six-year-old combine would secure a
majority in next year`s assembly elections in the state.
Speaking to reporters here after calling on DMK
president and Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, he referred to the
recent statements by party`s Tamil Nadu in-charge and Union
Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad that the alliance was strong.
"The DMK-Congress alliance will fight next year`s
elections also and win them by securing two-thirds majority,"
The ruling combine had successfully contested 2004 and
2009 Lok Sabha elections and 2006 Assembly elections.
The alliance was intact both at Centre and Tamil Nadu,
he said. The decision by party president Sonia Gandhi and
Karunanidhi would be final on this matter he said, in response
to a question on dissenting voices such as former Union
Minister E V K S Elangovan against the combine.
Asked if Elangovan figured in his meeting with
Karunanidhi, Thankgabalu said they did not discuss anything
about him as there was no need for it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says