DMK councillor among 4 held for murder of 6-year-old boy
Madurai: A DMK municipal councillor is
among four persons arrested in connection with the murder of a six-year-old boy over a land dispute.
Councillor Selvaraj of nearby Melur, the prime accused
in the murder of the boy on November 16, was arrested along
with three of his accomplices last evening, police said today.
All the four were produced before a judicial
magistrate court and remanded to custody.
Kishorekumar, son of Rajkumar and Sujitha, was
murdered in Malampatti near Melur. Sujitha was living with her
mother, Lalitha for some years due to some misunderstanding
with her husband.
Lalitha had gone to Malampatti along with Kishorekumar
for reconciliation of a dispute over land owned by her late
husband and allegedly encroached by one Packiam. During heated
arguments, the aides of Packiam murdered the boy in front of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured