DMK councillor among 4 held for murder of 6-year-old boy
Madurai: A DMK municipal councillor is
among four persons arrested in connection with the murder of a six-year-old boy over a land dispute.
Councillor Selvaraj of nearby Melur, the prime accused
in the murder of the boy on November 16, was arrested along
with three of his accomplices last evening, police said today.
All the four were produced before a judicial
magistrate court and remanded to custody.
Kishorekumar, son of Rajkumar and Sujitha, was
murdered in Malampatti near Melur. Sujitha was living with her
mother, Lalitha for some years due to some misunderstanding
with her husband.
Lalitha had gone to Malampatti along with Kishorekumar
for reconciliation of a dispute over land owned by her late
husband and allegedly encroached by one Packiam. During heated
arguments, the aides of Packiam murdered the boy in front of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city