DMK councillor among 4 held for murder of 6-year-old boy
Madurai: A DMK municipal councillor is
among four persons arrested in connection with the murder of a six-year-old boy over a land dispute.
Councillor Selvaraj of nearby Melur, the prime accused
in the murder of the boy on November 16, was arrested along
with three of his accomplices last evening, police said today.
All the four were produced before a judicial
magistrate court and remanded to custody.
Kishorekumar, son of Rajkumar and Sujitha, was
murdered in Malampatti near Melur. Sujitha was living with her
mother, Lalitha for some years due to some misunderstanding
with her husband.
Lalitha had gone to Malampatti along with Kishorekumar
for reconciliation of a dispute over land owned by her late
husband and allegedly encroached by one Packiam. During heated
arguments, the aides of Packiam murdered the boy in front of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island
- I gossiped about Hollywood with Nathan Jones: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Tribal community members in Goa narrate their woes to Arvind Kejriwal
- Philippines and communist rebels start peace talks after truce
- Seoul, Washington kick off joint annual war game