DMK councillor arrested on land grab charges
Chennai: A DMK councillor was among two
persons arrested on land grab charges, police said on Sunday.
Councillor Ravichandran and his aide Maqbool Jan were
arrested based on a complaint by a woman who charged them with
land grab and intimidation, police said in a press release here.
Ravichandran was involved in similar cases, they said,
adding the arrested persons were remanded to judicial custody.
Ravichandran is the latest DMK functionary to be arrested
on land grab charges, with former Ministers Veerapandi S
Arumugam (Salem) and NKKP Raja (Erode) and Chepauk MLA and
party`s South Chennai district secretary J Abazhagan being
held on similar allegations.
Some aides of Union Minister MK Alagiri, son of former
Chief Minister M Karunanidhi, have also been jailed for
alleged land grab charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS