DMK defeat marks end of autocratic rule: Jaya
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
Jayalalithaa on Friday said the DMK regime`s fall marked the end
of an "autocratic rule" as the people felt "liberated" on the
"The day the DMK rule ended, they (people) felt
liberated," Jayalalithaa, who unseated the DMK government with
spectacular victory in the April 13 polls, told the Assembly.
She alleged that the DMK government had its influence
even over the media, successfully managing to ensure she did
not get adequate coverage on many issues including public
Jayalalithaa said her government was working at
"break-neck speed" to put Tamil Nadu on the path of glory.
The chief minister`s hard-hitting remarks against her
bitter rival came during her reply to the debate on the motion
to thank the Governor for his address.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply