DMK deliberating on Katju`s allegation
Chennai: DMK is deliberating on former Supreme Court judge M Katju`s allegation that UPA`s "TN partner" lobbied for a corrupt judge, a party leader said.
"Katju has neither named the party nor the judge. Let the Congress which led the UPA react," he said, requesting anonymity.
"He has named UPA and former prime minister Manmohan Singh, so let the Congress react."
Dismissing the allegation as "sweeping wild charges made with ulterior motives," he sought to know why Katju was raking up the so-called scandal now.
"Katju has made this charge against UPA after it demitted office. He must explain the reason for his silence all these years. Remember that he came to his present position during UPA regime," he said.
The leader said party chief M Karunanidhi was holding consultations with top office bearers on the
"Will a party topple a government for the sake of an appointment issue..Is his charge not frivolous?" he asked.
"Only party chief will speak on this issue. He will give a fitting appropriate response," he added.
Katju alleged that three ex-Chief Justices of India made "improper compromises" during UPA rule in retaining a judge in Tamil Nadu under corruption cloud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!