DMK deliberating on Katju`s allegation
Chennai: DMK is deliberating on former Supreme Court judge M Katju`s allegation that UPA`s "TN partner" lobbied for a corrupt judge, a party leader said.
"Katju has neither named the party nor the judge. Let the Congress which led the UPA react," he said, requesting anonymity.
"He has named UPA and former prime minister Manmohan Singh, so let the Congress react."
Dismissing the allegation as "sweeping wild charges made with ulterior motives," he sought to know why Katju was raking up the so-called scandal now.
"Katju has made this charge against UPA after it demitted office. He must explain the reason for his silence all these years. Remember that he came to his present position during UPA regime," he said.
The leader said party chief M Karunanidhi was holding consultations with top office bearers on the
"Will a party topple a government for the sake of an appointment issue..Is his charge not frivolous?" he asked.
"Only party chief will speak on this issue. He will give a fitting appropriate response," he added.
Katju alleged that three ex-Chief Justices of India made "improper compromises" during UPA rule in retaining a judge in Tamil Nadu under corruption cloud.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane