DMK deliberating on Katju`s allegation
Chennai: DMK is deliberating on former Supreme Court judge M Katju`s allegation that UPA`s "TN partner" lobbied for a corrupt judge, a party leader said.
"Katju has neither named the party nor the judge. Let the Congress which led the UPA react," he said, requesting anonymity.
"He has named UPA and former prime minister Manmohan Singh, so let the Congress react."
Dismissing the allegation as "sweeping wild charges made with ulterior motives," he sought to know why Katju was raking up the so-called scandal now.
"Katju has made this charge against UPA after it demitted office. He must explain the reason for his silence all these years. Remember that he came to his present position during UPA regime," he said.
The leader said party chief M Karunanidhi was holding consultations with top office bearers on the
"Will a party topple a government for the sake of an appointment issue..Is his charge not frivolous?" he asked.
"Only party chief will speak on this issue. He will give a fitting appropriate response," he added.
Katju alleged that three ex-Chief Justices of India made "improper compromises" during UPA rule in retaining a judge in Tamil Nadu under corruption cloud.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief