DMK disapproves rail fare hike
Chennai: Key UPA constituent DMK Wednesday disapproved of the rail fare hike.
"We do not support such hike" was the cryptic answer by DMK chief M Karunanidhi when reporters sought his response to the fare hike.
Railway Minister P K Bansal announced an across-the-board hike in passenger rail fares, hoping to net Rs 6600 crore in the first such move in a decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city