DMK, DMDK members evicted from TN Assembly
Chennai: Opposition DMK and DMDK were on Tuesday evicted from the Tamil Nadu Assembly, after the members created uproar over remarks made by a ruling AIADMK legislator.
With DMK members being evicted for the third time in this short session that started on October 23, they cannot participate in the rest of the session, Speaker P Dhanapal said.
The debate on the first supplementary estimates for 2013-14 will end tomorrow, the last day of the ongoing session, with Finance Minister O Panneerselvam scheduled to reply on the debate.
Earlier, participating in the debate, AIADMK member C Vijayabaskar made some remarks which infuriated the DMK members who objected to it and remained standing despite the Speaker`s pleas to take their seats.
Some of them proceeded towards the Speaker`s Chair and were seen in a heated argument with him. Subsequently, the speaker ordered for their eviction, the third such instance in this session.
Later, the same AIADMK member`s remarks drew the ire of main opposition, DMDK, who demanded that they be allowed to speak and with the Speaker unrelenting, they trooped before his chair and suddenly squatted before him.
With his warnings going unheeded, he ordered for their eviction also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir