DMK foisting false cases against political opponents: Vaiko
Udhagamandalam: MDMK General secretary
today charged the DMK government with foisting false cases
against their political opponents, as witnessed in the case of
Kodanadu estate, a retreat of AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa.
Though an inspection team were yesterday told by AIADMK
activists and estate workers that a building under
construction in the estate was as per panchayat approved plan,
it was `ridiculous` that panchayat president Ponthose had
accompanied the team, Vaiko told reporters here.
The police, instead of registering cases against AIADMK and
estate workers, would do well to book cases team and Ponthose
for trying to `trespass` into the estate premises, he said.
Police had yesterday registered cases against two former
AIADMK ministers, 500 party activists and estate workers of
Kodanadu on charges of preventing entry to government
officials to inspect alleged illegal construction of a tea
factory and a helipad.
Asked about DMKs recent state-wide demonstrations against
Jayalalithaa for seeking `frequent adjournments` in the wealth
case, he said similar protests should be held against the DMK
government for seeking 33 adjournments in Mullaperiyar dam
related cases, "which has gone against interests of the state".
On alliance for the coming assembly polls, Vaiko said his
party would continue in the AIADMK alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened