DMK foisting false cases against political opponents: Vaiko
Udhagamandalam: MDMK General secretary
today charged the DMK government with foisting false cases
against their political opponents, as witnessed in the case of
Kodanadu estate, a retreat of AIADMK chief Jayalalithaa.
Though an inspection team were yesterday told by AIADMK
activists and estate workers that a building under
construction in the estate was as per panchayat approved plan,
it was `ridiculous` that panchayat president Ponthose had
accompanied the team, Vaiko told reporters here.
The police, instead of registering cases against AIADMK and
estate workers, would do well to book cases team and Ponthose
for trying to `trespass` into the estate premises, he said.
Police had yesterday registered cases against two former
AIADMK ministers, 500 party activists and estate workers of
Kodanadu on charges of preventing entry to government
officials to inspect alleged illegal construction of a tea
factory and a helipad.
Asked about DMKs recent state-wide demonstrations against
Jayalalithaa for seeking `frequent adjournments` in the wealth
case, he said similar protests should be held against the DMK
government for seeking 33 adjournments in Mullaperiyar dam
related cases, "which has gone against interests of the state".
On alliance for the coming assembly polls, Vaiko said his
party would continue in the AIADMK alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren