DMK invites nominations from its cadre for LS polls
Chennai: Gearing up for forthcoming Lok Sabha elections, DMK on Sunday asked the prospective candidates willing to contest the Parliamentary polls to apply to the party.
Those interested in contesting can get and submit filled-in application forms at the party headquarters here between January 20 and 30, party General Secretary K Anbazhagan said in a statement.
Ruling out a tie-up with erstwhile ally Congress and dismissing reports that DMK would align with BJP, DMK chief M Karunanidhi has said the party would contest the polls with existing partners in the alliance -- Muslim League, Viduthalai Chiruthaigal Katchi, Manidhaneya Makkal Katchi and Puthiya Thamizhagam.
DMK had snapped ties with Congress in March last over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents