DMK leader accused of sexual harassment
Tirunelveli: The daughter of a local DMK functionary has accused a party leader in the district of having sexually harassed her when she met him recently to seek his help to enter politics.
The woman said she had filed a complaint against the leader with the Commissioner of Police, after receiving threats from him. The police chief had assured her that action would be taken, she said.
According to police sources, a complaint has been filed in this regard.
"I only sought his help to enter politics. We have been with the DMK for the past four generations. My father was also a DMK functionary," she told reporters here.
The woman said she had given a complaint to party leader M K Stalin, son of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, and had also met officials at the party headquarters.
She claimed that none of the officials had told her what action would be taken.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'