DMK leader accused of sexual harassment
Tirunelveli: The daughter of a local DMK functionary has accused a party leader in the district of having sexually harassed her when she met him recently to seek his help to enter politics.
The woman said she had filed a complaint against the leader with the Commissioner of Police, after receiving threats from him. The police chief had assured her that action would be taken, she said.
According to police sources, a complaint has been filed in this regard.
"I only sought his help to enter politics. We have been with the DMK for the past four generations. My father was also a DMK functionary," she told reporters here.
The woman said she had given a complaint to party leader M K Stalin, son of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, and had also met officials at the party headquarters.
She claimed that none of the officials had told her what action would be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video