DMK leader accused of sexual harassment
Tirunelveli: The daughter of a local DMK functionary has accused a party leader in the district of having sexually harassed her when she met him recently to seek his help to enter politics.
The woman said she had filed a complaint against the leader with the Commissioner of Police, after receiving threats from him. The police chief had assured her that action would be taken, she said.
According to police sources, a complaint has been filed in this regard.
"I only sought his help to enter politics. We have been with the DMK for the past four generations. My father was also a DMK functionary," she told reporters here.
The woman said she had given a complaint to party leader M K Stalin, son of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, and had also met officials at the party headquarters.
She claimed that none of the officials had told her what action would be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah