DMK leaders to discuss TN power crisis
Chennai: With acute power shortage continuing to affect many parts of Tamil Nadu, DMK chief M Karunanidhi will chair a meeting of his party`s executive here next week to discuss the issue.
Party general secretary K Anbazhagan said in a statement here that the meeting will be held here on December 13 at the DMK headquarters, Anna Arivalayam.
The power shortage has affected the state with many areas reportedly reeling under hours of continued power cut, drawing people and political parties on to the streets to protest against it, putting the ruling AIADMK in a spot.
- Uttarakhand Speaker rejects disqualification of rebel BJP MLA
- US says Iraq's PM in ''strong position'' amid political unrest
- US Navy chief hopes for `normalization` with Russia in Baltic
- Turkey says Gaziantep attacker linked to IS
- US Presidential polls: Donald Trump looks to smother Ted Cruz as Indiana votes today