DMK leaders to discuss TN power crisis
Chennai: With acute power shortage continuing to affect many parts of Tamil Nadu, DMK chief M Karunanidhi will chair a meeting of his party`s executive here next week to discuss the issue.
Party general secretary K Anbazhagan said in a statement here that the meeting will be held here on December 13 at the DMK headquarters, Anna Arivalayam.
The power shortage has affected the state with many areas reportedly reeling under hours of continued power cut, drawing people and political parties on to the streets to protest against it, putting the ruling AIADMK in a spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends