DMK members evicted en masse from TN assembly
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Assembly today witnessed noisy scenes following some remarks made by a ruling AIADMK MLA leading to the eviction of DMK members en masse.
The problem started after Mylapore MLA R Rajalakshmi made some remarks to which both DMDK, the main Opposition party in the Assembly, and DMK objected to even as the party sought to give some explanation.
Agitated DMK MLAs were seen arguing with the Treasury benches.
With the DMK MLAs in no mood to heed Speaker P Dhanapal`s repeated pleas to resume their seats, he summoned the Marshals to evict them en masse.
The party had earlier staged a walkout on being denied permission to raise some issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!