DMK members evicted en masse from TN assembly
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Assembly today witnessed noisy scenes following some remarks made by a ruling AIADMK MLA leading to the eviction of DMK members en masse.
The problem started after Mylapore MLA R Rajalakshmi made some remarks to which both DMDK, the main Opposition party in the Assembly, and DMK objected to even as the party sought to give some explanation.
Agitated DMK MLAs were seen arguing with the Treasury benches.
With the DMK MLAs in no mood to heed Speaker P Dhanapal`s repeated pleas to resume their seats, he summoned the Marshals to evict them en masse.
The party had earlier staged a walkout on being denied permission to raise some issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test