DMK members suspended en masse from rest of assembly session
Chennai: DMK members in Tamil Nadu Assembly were today suspended en masse for the rest of the ongoing budget session scheduled till May 16 after they were evicted from the House for the fourth time for disrupting the proceedings.
Speaker P Dhanapal said since the DMK members were evicted for the fourth time during the session, he was suspending them from attending the rest of the budget session.
The DMK members were evicted after they created a furore over certain remarks made by AIADMK member Ravi during the question hour.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa intervened and said there was nothing wrong in the remarks made by Ravi, since he had not referred to any particular party or leader.
As the DMK members continued to interrupt the proceedings, the Speaker ordered their eviction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?