DMK members suspended en masse from rest of assembly session
Chennai: DMK members in Tamil Nadu Assembly were today suspended en masse for the rest of the ongoing budget session scheduled till May 16 after they were evicted from the House for the fourth time for disrupting the proceedings.
Speaker P Dhanapal said since the DMK members were evicted for the fourth time during the session, he was suspending them from attending the rest of the budget session.
The DMK members were evicted after they created a furore over certain remarks made by AIADMK member Ravi during the question hour.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa intervened and said there was nothing wrong in the remarks made by Ravi, since he had not referred to any particular party or leader.
As the DMK members continued to interrupt the proceedings, the Speaker ordered their eviction.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview