DMK members suspended en masse from rest of assembly session
Chennai: DMK members in Tamil Nadu Assembly were today suspended en masse for the rest of the ongoing budget session scheduled till May 16 after they were evicted from the House for the fourth time for disrupting the proceedings.
Speaker P Dhanapal said since the DMK members were evicted for the fourth time during the session, he was suspending them from attending the rest of the budget session.
The DMK members were evicted after they created a furore over certain remarks made by AIADMK member Ravi during the question hour.
Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa intervened and said there was nothing wrong in the remarks made by Ravi, since he had not referred to any particular party or leader.
As the DMK members continued to interrupt the proceedings, the Speaker ordered their eviction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!