DMK MLAs evicted from TN assembly
Chennai: Opposition DMK MLAs were evicted en masse from the Tamil Nadu Assembly following a fiery exchange of words with the Treasury benches and the MLAs staging a dharna before the Speaker`s chair.
The issue of provocation came from Housing Minister R Vaithilingam, who made some remarks over DMK`s participation in the Congress-led UPA Cabinet which prompted angry reaction from the opposition MLAs who demanded that Speaker P Dhanapal expunge those remarks.
With the Speaker refusing to do so, DMK`s Legislature Party Leader MK Stalin warned him that if their demand was not met, the MLAs will be forced to stage a dharna.
Soon DMK members Thangam Thennarasu, N Ramakrishnan, J Anbazhagan and R Sakkarapani moved towards the Speaker`s chair where they sat down before him and started raising slogans.
Dhanapal subsequently ordered their eviction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?