DMK MLAs evicted from TN assembly
Chennai: Opposition DMK MLAs were evicted en masse from the Tamil Nadu Assembly following a fiery exchange of words with the Treasury benches and the MLAs staging a dharna before the Speaker`s chair.
The issue of provocation came from Housing Minister R Vaithilingam, who made some remarks over DMK`s participation in the Congress-led UPA Cabinet which prompted angry reaction from the opposition MLAs who demanded that Speaker P Dhanapal expunge those remarks.
With the Speaker refusing to do so, DMK`s Legislature Party Leader MK Stalin warned him that if their demand was not met, the MLAs will be forced to stage a dharna.
Soon DMK members Thangam Thennarasu, N Ramakrishnan, J Anbazhagan and R Sakkarapani moved towards the Speaker`s chair where they sat down before him and started raising slogans.
Dhanapal subsequently ordered their eviction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what