DMK MLAs evicted from TN assembly
Chennai: Opposition DMK MLAs were evicted en masse from the Tamil Nadu Assembly following a fiery exchange of words with the Treasury benches and the MLAs staging a dharna before the Speaker`s chair.
The issue of provocation came from Housing Minister R Vaithilingam, who made some remarks over DMK`s participation in the Congress-led UPA Cabinet which prompted angry reaction from the opposition MLAs who demanded that Speaker P Dhanapal expunge those remarks.
With the Speaker refusing to do so, DMK`s Legislature Party Leader MK Stalin warned him that if their demand was not met, the MLAs will be forced to stage a dharna.
Soon DMK members Thangam Thennarasu, N Ramakrishnan, J Anbazhagan and R Sakkarapani moved towards the Speaker`s chair where they sat down before him and started raising slogans.
Dhanapal subsequently ordered their eviction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened