DMK MP Ritheesh arrested in land grabbing case
Chennai: DMK MP JK Ritheesh was arrested in connection with a Rs 20 crore land grabbing case, police said.
Ritheesh, who represents Ramanathapuram Lok Sabha constituency, was arrested on a complaint by one Rajasekar who alleged his father had entered into a MoU with the MP and purchased some of his property in Kancheepuram, paying Rs 20 crore advance. As the title deeds were found defective, he was liable to pay back the amount, police said in a release.
After his father`s death, Rajasekar approached Ritheesh who reportedly refused to pay the amount.
Ritheesh later entered into another MoU with Rajasekar to pay Rs 19.73 crore or its worth of land with a condition that in the event of failure with the terms, he would repay the amount in cash with interest.
Police said Rajaesekar filed a complaint as the MP failed to repay the amount and reportedly threatened him with dire consequences.
The Central Crime Branch registered the case and Ritheesh was produced before the Metropolitan Magistrate court today which remanded him till December 11, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family