DMK MP`s brother arrested in land grabbing case
Dharmapuri (TN): DMK Dharmapuri MP R
Thamaraiselvan`s brother R Aasaithambi was on Thursday arrested in a
land grabbing case, police said.
Aasaithambi was produced before a court and remanded to
judicial custody. He was lodged in Salem central prison,
District Superintendent of Police Amit Kumar Singh said.
Aasaithambi is facing charges of encroaching a piece of
land belonging to one Manoharan in 2000. On a petition by
Manoharan, a district court in 2006 had ruled in his favour.
Challenging the order, Aasaithambi had filed an appeal in
the Madras High Court which was dismissed. Despite the court
orders, the MP`s brother had put up a hut in the illegally
occupied land and threatened Manoharan, the SP said.
Manoharan lodged a complaint with the police on August 3,
2011 following which Aasaithambi was arrested, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!