DMK MP`s brother arrested in land grabbing case
Dharmapuri (TN): DMK Dharmapuri MP R
Thamaraiselvan`s brother R Aasaithambi was on Thursday arrested in a
land grabbing case, police said.
Aasaithambi was produced before a court and remanded to
judicial custody. He was lodged in Salem central prison,
District Superintendent of Police Amit Kumar Singh said.
Aasaithambi is facing charges of encroaching a piece of
land belonging to one Manoharan in 2000. On a petition by
Manoharan, a district court in 2006 had ruled in his favour.
Challenging the order, Aasaithambi had filed an appeal in
the Madras High Court which was dismissed. Despite the court
orders, the MP`s brother had put up a hut in the illegally
occupied land and threatened Manoharan, the SP said.
Manoharan lodged a complaint with the police on August 3,
2011 following which Aasaithambi was arrested, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway