DMK MP`s brother arrested in land grabbing case
Dharmapuri (TN): DMK Dharmapuri MP R
Thamaraiselvan`s brother R Aasaithambi was on Thursday arrested in a
land grabbing case, police said.
Aasaithambi was produced before a court and remanded to
judicial custody. He was lodged in Salem central prison,
District Superintendent of Police Amit Kumar Singh said.
Aasaithambi is facing charges of encroaching a piece of
land belonging to one Manoharan in 2000. On a petition by
Manoharan, a district court in 2006 had ruled in his favour.
Challenging the order, Aasaithambi had filed an appeal in
the Madras High Court which was dismissed. Despite the court
orders, the MP`s brother had put up a hut in the illegally
occupied land and threatened Manoharan, the SP said.
Manoharan lodged a complaint with the police on August 3,
2011 following which Aasaithambi was arrested, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail