DMK MP`s brother arrested in land grabbing case
Dharmapuri: DMK Dharmapuri MP R Thamaraiselvan`s brother R Aasaithambi was on Friday arrested here in a land grabbing case, police said.
Aasaithambi was produced before a court and remanded to
He was lodged in Salem central prison, SP Amit Kumar
Aasaithambi is facing charges of encroaching on a piece
of land belonging to one Manoharan in 2000.
On a petition by Manoharan, a district court had ruled in
his favour in 2006.
Challenging the order, Aasaithambi had filed an appeal in
the Madras High Court which was dismissed.
Despite the court`s orders, the MP`s brother had put up a
hut in the illegally occupied land and threatened Manoharan,
the SP said.
Manoharan lodged a complaint with the police on August 3,
2011, following which Aasaithambi was arrested, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'