DMK MPs to protest in front of Parliament on Aug 8
Chennai: DMK MPs will stage a protest in front of the Parliament complex on August eight pressing the Centre to boycott the CHOGM meeting in Colombo in November, insisting the implementation of 13th amendment of the Sri Lankan Constitution, among other demands.
The protest would be led by DMK parliamentary leader T R Baalu, a party release said.
Tamil Eelam Supporters Organisation (TESO) meeting held on July 16 here resolved to stage a state-wide demonstration on August 8, pressing for certain resolutions.
The meeting resolved to press the Centre to boycott the Commonwealth Head of Governments Meeting.
It also insisted that India should take responsibility in not letting Sri Lankan government dilute the 13th amendment, which was signed in the 1987 Rajiv Gandhi-Jayawardhane Accord.
As per the 13th amendment, Sri Lanka had agreed to devolve some authority to the provinces.
One of the resolutions also wanted the government of India to protect the livelihood of Tamil fishermen from Sri Lankan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning