DMK MPs to protest in front of Parliament on Aug 8
Chennai: DMK MPs will stage a protest in front of the Parliament complex on August eight pressing the Centre to boycott the CHOGM meeting in Colombo in November, insisting the implementation of 13th amendment of the Sri Lankan Constitution, among other demands.
The protest would be led by DMK parliamentary leader T R Baalu, a party release said.
Tamil Eelam Supporters Organisation (TESO) meeting held on July 16 here resolved to stage a state-wide demonstration on August 8, pressing for certain resolutions.
The meeting resolved to press the Centre to boycott the Commonwealth Head of Governments Meeting.
It also insisted that India should take responsibility in not letting Sri Lankan government dilute the 13th amendment, which was signed in the 1987 Rajiv Gandhi-Jayawardhane Accord.
As per the 13th amendment, Sri Lanka had agreed to devolve some authority to the provinces.
One of the resolutions also wanted the government of India to protect the livelihood of Tamil fishermen from Sri Lankan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!