DMK MPs to protest in front of Parliament on Aug 8
Chennai: DMK MPs will stage a protest in front of the Parliament complex on August eight pressing the Centre to boycott the CHOGM meeting in Colombo in November, insisting the implementation of 13th amendment of the Sri Lankan Constitution, among other demands.
The protest would be led by DMK parliamentary leader T R Baalu, a party release said.
Tamil Eelam Supporters Organisation (TESO) meeting held on July 16 here resolved to stage a state-wide demonstration on August 8, pressing for certain resolutions.
The meeting resolved to press the Centre to boycott the Commonwealth Head of Governments Meeting.
It also insisted that India should take responsibility in not letting Sri Lankan government dilute the 13th amendment, which was signed in the 1987 Rajiv Gandhi-Jayawardhane Accord.
As per the 13th amendment, Sri Lanka had agreed to devolve some authority to the provinces.
One of the resolutions also wanted the government of India to protect the livelihood of Tamil fishermen from Sri Lankan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy