DMK opposes Coast Guard proposal
Chennai: The DMK on Saturday opposed the
Coast Guard`s proposal to declare a portion in the Indo-Sri
Lanka Maritime border as a no fishing zone.
DMK Parliamentary party leader T R Baalu, in a statement
here, termed the proposal as `anti-fishermen` and said it
would seriously affect their livelihood.
He said DMK MPs would call on Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh on Nov 28 to discuss it, besides raising the issue in
The Coast Guard, which had filed its counter affidavit in
response to a PIL seeking coast guard protection for fishermen
from attacks allegedly by Lankan Navy, had also said the local
fishermen used nets banned in Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?