DMK organising secretary resigns from party
Chennai: In a jolt to DMK, its organising secretary P V Kalyanasundaram has resigned from the party demanding that M K Stalin be declared the party`s Chief Ministerial candidate for the 2016 assembly polls.
Kalyanasundaram, a Stalin loyalist, also demanded that Kanimozhi, daughter of DMK chief M Karunanidhi and former ministers A Raja and Dayanidhi Maran remain "aloof" from the party, party sources said.
He also urged the leadership to remove from party posts, functionaries facing land-grabbing and disproportionate assets cases.
He also urged that office bearers be appointed to newly restructured district units.
In a letter dated July 30, which was sent to DMK chief M Karunanidhi and party general secretary K Anbazhagan, he said Stalin should be announced the chief ministerial candidate for the 2016 Assembly election.
Kalyanasundaram is one of the two organising secretaries of the DMK.
The party has not taken any decision on his resignation, sources said.
DMK had recently restructred its district units in a bid to strengthen the party at the grass roots level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama