DMK protests against milk prices, bus fare hike
Chennai: Criticising the hike in milk prices, bus fare and power tariff, DMK party workers on Monday staged state-wide protests and slammed the Jayalalithaa government.
The agitation was led by party treasurer and former Deputy Chief Minister M K Stalin in the city, while party workers staged protests in front of all district headquarters, a DMK statement here said.
The cadres raised slogans against the ruling AIADMK condemning the hike and said the common man has been badly affected by the hikes.
The party`s agitation comes ahead of proposed state-wide public meetings on April 15 condemning various `anti-people` policies of AIADMK government.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi, his daughter Kanimozhi and Stalin would address protest meetings at South Chennai, Chidambaram districts and Madurai respectively.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani