DMK protests against milk prices, bus fare hike
Chennai: Criticising the hike in milk prices, bus fare and power tariff, DMK party workers on Monday staged state-wide protests and slammed the Jayalalithaa government.
The agitation was led by party treasurer and former Deputy Chief Minister M K Stalin in the city, while party workers staged protests in front of all district headquarters, a DMK statement here said.
The cadres raised slogans against the ruling AIADMK condemning the hike and said the common man has been badly affected by the hikes.
The party`s agitation comes ahead of proposed state-wide public meetings on April 15 condemning various `anti-people` policies of AIADMK government.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi, his daughter Kanimozhi and Stalin would address protest meetings at South Chennai, Chidambaram districts and Madurai respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!