DMK protests against milk prices, bus fare hike
Chennai: Criticising the hike in milk prices, bus fare and power tariff, DMK party workers on Monday staged state-wide protests and slammed the Jayalalithaa government.
The agitation was led by party treasurer and former Deputy Chief Minister M K Stalin in the city, while party workers staged protests in front of all district headquarters, a DMK statement here said.
The cadres raised slogans against the ruling AIADMK condemning the hike and said the common man has been badly affected by the hikes.
The party`s agitation comes ahead of proposed state-wide public meetings on April 15 condemning various `anti-people` policies of AIADMK government.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi, his daughter Kanimozhi and Stalin would address protest meetings at South Chennai, Chidambaram districts and Madurai respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list