DMK protests against milk prices, bus fare hike
Chennai: Criticising the hike in milk prices, bus fare and power tariff, DMK party workers on Monday staged state-wide protests and slammed the Jayalalithaa government.
The agitation was led by party treasurer and former Deputy Chief Minister M K Stalin in the city, while party workers staged protests in front of all district headquarters, a DMK statement here said.
The cadres raised slogans against the ruling AIADMK condemning the hike and said the common man has been badly affected by the hikes.
The party`s agitation comes ahead of proposed state-wide public meetings on April 15 condemning various `anti-people` policies of AIADMK government.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi, his daughter Kanimozhi and Stalin would address protest meetings at South Chennai, Chidambaram districts and Madurai respectively.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!
- 1971 Indo-Pak war: 'Dusting was Indira Gandhi's stress-buster'
- House of Representative Speaker Paul Ryan invites PM Modi to address joint meeting of US Congress