DMK sought more security for Stalin before suspending Alagiri
Chennai: A request for additional security for DMK leader MK Stalin was made before the suspension of party leader MK Alagiri, a senior leader said on Wednesday.
"I had requested the Prime Minister for additional security for Stalin as he would be campaigning extensively during the General Elections," TR Baalu told a news agency over phone.
Baalu refuted reports that suggested that the request was made by DMK president M Karunanidhi after the suspension of Alagiri from the party on January 24.
"The request was made before Alagiri`s suspension," Baalu said.
Stalin has been provided with Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) security since 2006 following an attack on him in Madurai in 2006.
Alagiri and Stalin are sons of Karunanidhi.
Karunanidhi on Tuesday told the media that Alagiri said Stalin would die in three or four months. Alagiri later denied the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan