DMK sought more security for Stalin before suspending Alagiri
Chennai: A request for additional security for DMK leader MK Stalin was made before the suspension of party leader MK Alagiri, a senior leader said on Wednesday.
"I had requested the Prime Minister for additional security for Stalin as he would be campaigning extensively during the General Elections," TR Baalu told a news agency over phone.
Baalu refuted reports that suggested that the request was made by DMK president M Karunanidhi after the suspension of Alagiri from the party on January 24.
"The request was made before Alagiri`s suspension," Baalu said.
Stalin has been provided with Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) security since 2006 following an attack on him in Madurai in 2006.
Alagiri and Stalin are sons of Karunanidhi.
Karunanidhi on Tuesday told the media that Alagiri said Stalin would die in three or four months. Alagiri later denied the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?