DMK sought more security for Stalin before suspending Alagiri
Chennai: A request for additional security for DMK leader MK Stalin was made before the suspension of party leader MK Alagiri, a senior leader said on Wednesday.
"I had requested the Prime Minister for additional security for Stalin as he would be campaigning extensively during the General Elections," TR Baalu told a news agency over phone.
Baalu refuted reports that suggested that the request was made by DMK president M Karunanidhi after the suspension of Alagiri from the party on January 24.
"The request was made before Alagiri`s suspension," Baalu said.
Stalin has been provided with Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) security since 2006 following an attack on him in Madurai in 2006.
Alagiri and Stalin are sons of Karunanidhi.
Karunanidhi on Tuesday told the media that Alagiri said Stalin would die in three or four months. Alagiri later denied the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray