DMK to decide its LS poll strategy soon: Karuna
Chennai: With ruling AIADMK deciding to face the next Parliamentary elections independently, DMK will soon convene its top-decision making bodies to finalise its strategy, party chief M Karunanidhi said on Wednesday.
"I cannot give a unilateral reply. DMK`s District Secretaries` meeting is scheduled on January 6. (The party) will discuss the matter and finalise the election strategy in the General Council and Executive which will be convened after that," he said.
He was responding to reporters` queries here on AIADMK supremo and Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa`s announcement on December 31 that her party will go it alone in the next Lok Sabha polls and what was his party`s stand.
Jayalalithaa had reasoned both Congress and BJP were united in denying Tamil Nadu its share of water from river Cauvery for the decision.
Karunanidhi will chair a meeting of the party`s district secretaries here on January 6. In DMK ranks, district secretaries are considered to be very significant links.
A release from party general secretary K Anbazhagan said the subject for the meeting will be party-related work and collection of funds for election, apparently referring to the next Parliamentary polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'