DMK to go to people on various issues
Chennai: The DMK will go to the people to explain its stand on various issues confronting it, holding the first of a series of public meetings on Monday, the day the Supreme Court denied bail to Kanimozhi, MP and daughter of party president M. Karunanidhi.
The first meeting will be addressed later Monday by DMK leader K. Anbazhagan in Tiruvallur district.
The DMK had earlier decided to hold a state-wide public meeting from June 20-30 to explain to the people the party`s resolutions passed at its high-level committee meeting chaired by former chief minister Karunanidhi on June 10.
The high-level committee passed resolutions on the arrest of Kanimozhi by the Central Burerau of Investigation (CBI), welfare of Sri Lankan Tamils, uniform syllabus for schools and other issues.
On the arrest of Kanimozhi and Sharad Kumar, managing director of Kalaignar TV, the party had condemned the CBI action of arresting a person who was appearing in a court in response to a summon and not when the probing agency was investigating the case.
The party had resolved to face the case legally.
"Action in the 2G case is condemnable, as Kalaignar TV had received a loan and linking it to 2G is condemnable. It was a loan, a business deal, and had nothing to do with 2G licences. The party would take action on the 2G case legally," the party`s resolution said.
The DMK`s first meeting Monday to explain the party resolutions will be addressed by senior leader K. Anbazhagan in Tiruvallur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015