DMK to join debate on India`s CHOGM participation, if taken up
Chennai: DMK MPs would join a debate on India`s participation in Commonwealth Heads of Government summit, if the matter was taken for discussion in the winter session of Parliament, party chief M Karunanidhi said today.
"If a debate on the issue is allowed, our MPs would participate in it on behalf of DMK," Karunanidhi told reporters.
He was replying to a query on the possibility of a debate in the Parliament`s winter session on External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid`s participation in the summit in Colombo last month, despite demands by political parties in Tamil Nadu against it, citing the island government`s war crimes.
To another query on Tamil Nadu government`s appeal in the Supreme Court against Madras High Court`s judgement, which gave a green signal to GAIL`s pipeline project passing through seven districts of Tamil Nadu, he said "Some actions are being taken for the country`s economy or scientific advancement. Some actions are taken for development of agriculture."
"At the same time, other sectors, including the industries, should be considered not to disturb agricultural sector, which is why I said both parties should sit for talks," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler