DMK to join debate on India`s CHOGM participation, if taken up
Chennai: DMK MPs would join a debate on India`s participation in Commonwealth Heads of Government summit, if the matter was taken for discussion in the winter session of Parliament, party chief M Karunanidhi said today.
"If a debate on the issue is allowed, our MPs would participate in it on behalf of DMK," Karunanidhi told reporters.
He was replying to a query on the possibility of a debate in the Parliament`s winter session on External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid`s participation in the summit in Colombo last month, despite demands by political parties in Tamil Nadu against it, citing the island government`s war crimes.
To another query on Tamil Nadu government`s appeal in the Supreme Court against Madras High Court`s judgement, which gave a green signal to GAIL`s pipeline project passing through seven districts of Tamil Nadu, he said "Some actions are being taken for the country`s economy or scientific advancement. Some actions are taken for development of agriculture."
"At the same time, other sectors, including the industries, should be considered not to disturb agricultural sector, which is why I said both parties should sit for talks," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016