DMK to stage protests on Sethu project today
Chennai: The DMK will hold protests in Chennai on Monday demanding immediate implementation of the Sethusamudram Shipping Channel project.
The protests, to be held in South Chennai and North Chennai, would also demand that AIADMK government to withdraw an affidavit filed in the Supreme Court against the project, a party release said.
This was part of the decision taken at the administrative council meeting chaired by party President M Karunanidhi last month, it said.
The Rs. 2400 crore project that involves dredging of the Ram Sethu or Adams Bridge, has become a bone of contention between arch rivals DMK and AIADMK with Chief Minister Jayalalithaa demanding that Ram Sethu be declared as a national heritage.
The DMK patriarch has been arguing that AIADMK had in 2001 and 2004 poll manifestos supported the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video