DMK will continue to work for people: Karuna
Chennai: Asserting that his party would not be cowed down by electoral defeats, DMK President M Karunanidhi on Wednesday said that irrespective of being in power, it would continue to work for the people.
In his address at a function in his native Thiruvarur District, Karunanidhi said his party cadre possessed an attitude of asking "what I did for the party rather than asking what the party did for me."
"No need for anyone to consider that the party has faced a big loss (in the April 2011 polls). A true DMK supporter considers win and loss equally and that is how the party functions," he said.
Referring to his previous visit to the district as chief minister last year, he said he was now a former head of the state but insisted it made no difference as such attributes were confined only to the particular posts.
"But I will continue to remain a true cadre and friend of yours. Irrespective of being in power or not, DMK is a people`s movement which works to solve their problems," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday