DMK will decide on alliance before Lok Sabha polls: Karunanidhi
New Delhi: The DMK will decide on the question of alliance in Tamil Nadu in the run-up to the Lok Sabha elections next year, party chief M Karunanidhi has said.
"The DMK will decide on when and with whom it should forge an alliance during the run-up to the 2014 general elections.
"The DMK`s executive committee nad the general council will discuss and decide on it based on the national political situation at the time of the elections," Karunanidhi said in a signed article in a magazine.
He said the DMK was part of the ruling coalition at the Centre for many years maintaining good relations with its allies.
"We have shown how an alliance partner should act for the good of the nation. The DMK quit the UPA not for the party`s benefit but for betterment of the Sri Lankan Tamils," the former chief minister said.
He said it was his mentor and leader C N Annadurai `Anna` who initiated alliance politics in the country. And he made it a success.
"During the 1967 Assembly polls he formed an alliance to consolidate anti-government votes. I follow the practice even now. At the national level, too, alliance politics has been holding fort for more than 20 years," Karunanidhi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH