Do not like to play politics as Governor: Rosaiah
Bangalore: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah on Sunday said he did not like to play politics as a Governor.
Addressing a felicitation organised in his honour here,
Rosaiah said "a Governor has to act as a bridge between the
state and the Central government. I do not like to play
politics as a Governor", he said.
Elaborating on the role of a Governor, the former Andhara
Pradesh Chief Minister and veteran Congress leader said it was
a different role assigned to him by the government of India.
"As a head of the state, I have to act according to
provisions of the constitution. I will have to see the welfare
of my state, ensure peaceful atmosphere, development and the
ultimate goal would be to see the state flourish in the years
to come", Rosaiah said.
"I assure the people of Tamil Nadu that my role as Governor
will be limited and constructive as per the provisions of
law", he said.
To a query whether he was happy in his present post,
Rosaiah said "the question of being happy or unhappy does
not arise. It is a role assigned to me. I`ll try to mould
myself in the new assignment", he said.
Minister of state for Railways K H Muniyappa, describing
Rosaiah as a "non controversial leader and a man of
integrity", highlighted the cooperation he had received from
Rosaiah as the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre