Do not like to play politics as Governor: Rosaiah
Bangalore: Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah on Sunday said he did not like to play politics as a Governor.
Addressing a felicitation organised in his honour here,
Rosaiah said "a Governor has to act as a bridge between the
state and the Central government. I do not like to play
politics as a Governor", he said.
Elaborating on the role of a Governor, the former Andhara
Pradesh Chief Minister and veteran Congress leader said it was
a different role assigned to him by the government of India.
"As a head of the state, I have to act according to
provisions of the constitution. I will have to see the welfare
of my state, ensure peaceful atmosphere, development and the
ultimate goal would be to see the state flourish in the years
to come", Rosaiah said.
"I assure the people of Tamil Nadu that my role as Governor
will be limited and constructive as per the provisions of
law", he said.
To a query whether he was happy in his present post,
Rosaiah said "the question of being happy or unhappy does
not arise. It is a role assigned to me. I`ll try to mould
myself in the new assignment", he said.
Minister of state for Railways K H Muniyappa, describing
Rosaiah as a "non controversial leader and a man of
integrity", highlighted the cooperation he had received from
Rosaiah as the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka