Do not show discrimination in cyclone relief: CPI
Tiruchirappalli: CPI on Saturday said the Thane
cyclone was a national calamity and Union Government should
not show any discrimination or "play politics" in allocating
funds for Tamil Nadu, which was hit by the cyclone.
"The Union Government should be liberal in extending help
to Tamil Nadu and Puducherry. The loss has been estimated at
Rs 5,000 crore in Tamil Nadu and Rs 2,500 crore in
Puducherry," D Raja, National Secretary, CPI, told PTI over
The Thane cyclone hit Tamil Nadu and Puducherry on Dec 30
last year, causing widespread destruction.
Referring to the upcoming assembly elections in various
parts of the country, he said CPI was confident of winning a
"reasonable number" of seats. "Our presence will be felt in
the states," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad