Doctors’ appointment: TNGDA warns of agitation
Madurai: The Tamil Nadu Government Doctors` Association has urged the Government to appoint more doctors and staff to the Sivaganga Government Medical college and warned of an agitation if their demand was not met soon.
K Senthil, TNGDA President said in a release that the Health Secretary should hold a meeting with the Association members to know the real situation.
He said The Director of Medical Education should take steps to fill vacancies for the posts of nurses, pharmacists, clerks, laboratory technicians and sanitary workers.Though the Chief Minister had sanctioned the posts in March 2012, no step had been taken he said.
A meeting of the Association here recently also urged the government to take steps to set right the `anomalies` at the Sivaganga college, which include doctors acting as sweepers. There was no preparation when the Medical Council of India Team visited the college.He suggested that temporary employees be recruited.
TNGDA also demanded that the money Transfer work of Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Assistance Scheme be entrusted to the Social Welfare Department. Now doctors in Primary Health Centres were doing more of administrative work than medical practice, he said.
They had made a representation to relieve doctors from supervising cash assistance disbursal work by appointing a computer operator and administrative officer at every block for this scheme. The Social Welfare Department handles it and allowed doctors to focus on providing medical care, the association said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?