Documents on land transactions be made mandatory in TN
Chennai: With an aim to prevent land grabbing
incidents, documents relating to power of attorney and sale agreement of property would be made mandatory in Tamil Nadu from December.
President Pranab Mukherjee has given his assent to an amendment in this regard by the Tamil Nadu government, an official release said here today.
"It is felt that the root cause of land grabbing and bogus
registration is due to the fact that registration of documents of power of attorney, sale agreements and agreements relating to deposit of title deeds is optional," it said.
In order to prevent the misuse of these documents, the government passed a Bill in May 2012, for amending certain provisions of the Registration Act, 1908.
"The President of India has now given assent to the above
amendment and the same has been enacted as Tamil Nadu Act 29 of 2012", the release said.
As per the amendments made, it has been made "compulsory"
to register the documents relating to power of attorney, sale agreement, agreement relating to deposit of title deeds and construction agreement as provided under Article 5(i) of the Indian Stamp Act, 1899.
"The documents of Power of Attorney have to be registered
either with the jurisdictional Sub-Registrar, where the property is situated", the release said.
Besides, it was also decided to make it mandatory that pictures of the agent and the witnesses in the documents of power of attorney be fixed and it has been mandated for the agent to sign such documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Bihar Matric Results 2016: BSEB Class 10th Result 2016, www.biharboard.net, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in, Bihar Board 10th Matric Result to be declared on May 29
- Oil slips as $50 level sparks new output fears
- GSK gets EU approval for first gene therapy for children
- US President Barack Obama mourns dead in Hiroshima, calls for world without nuclear arms
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in): BSEB 12th Inter Results 2016, Bihar Board Intermediate Class 12 XII Arts / Vocational Results 2016 to be announced on May 29