Don`t interfere with Alagiri firm`s: HC to police
Madurai: The Madras High Court in an
interim order on Thurday directed police not to interfere with the
functioning of a company, owned by Union Minister MK Alagiri.
Justice R Sudhakar of the court`s Madurai bench recorded
the statement of the additional government pleader that no
land grabbing complaint had been recorded against directors of
Daya Cyber Park, including Union minister MK Alagiri, his
wife Gandhi and son Dayanidhi.
Police shall not "unnecessarily disturb them", the judge
"If there is specific civil dispute, then the police
officials should not interfere in it," said the judge, who
recorded the police statement while admitting a petition filed
by company manager Manickandan apprehending that police could
"disturb" the directors, or him.
"In the light of the direction given by this court and
representation given by the petitioner to the DGP, police
should take into consideration the apprehension of the
petitioner on the pendency of the civil suit cases, before the
court, and should not interfere."
The petitioner alleged that police were giving false news
through the media that temple land in Uthangudi, meant for
`Annadhanam` trust, had been grabbed. The civil dispute
regarding the land was pending in a civil court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?