Don`t interfere with Alagiri firm`s: HC to police
Madurai: The Madras High Court in an
interim order on Thurday directed police not to interfere with the
functioning of a company, owned by Union Minister MK Alagiri.
Justice R Sudhakar of the court`s Madurai bench recorded
the statement of the additional government pleader that no
land grabbing complaint had been recorded against directors of
Daya Cyber Park, including Union minister MK Alagiri, his
wife Gandhi and son Dayanidhi.
Police shall not "unnecessarily disturb them", the judge
"If there is specific civil dispute, then the police
officials should not interfere in it," said the judge, who
recorded the police statement while admitting a petition filed
by company manager Manickandan apprehending that police could
"disturb" the directors, or him.
"In the light of the direction given by this court and
representation given by the petitioner to the DGP, police
should take into consideration the apprehension of the
petitioner on the pendency of the civil suit cases, before the
court, and should not interfere."
The petitioner alleged that police were giving false news
through the media that temple land in Uthangudi, meant for
`Annadhanam` trust, had been grabbed. The civil dispute
regarding the land was pending in a civil court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?