Double decker train between Chennai-Bangalore from April 25
Chennai: The much-awaited air-conditoned double decker express train between Chennai and Bangalore would start running from April 25, augmenting seat availability in the high-demand route.
Train No. 22625 Chennai Central- Bangalore City Express will leave Chennai Central at 7.25 AM and reach the destination at 1.30 pm, the Southern Railway said in a release in Chennai today.
The Bangalore-Chennai Central Express (22626) will leave Bangalore at 2.40 pm and arrive here at 8.45 pm, it said.
The train will have ten air-conditioned chair cars and stop at Arakkonam, Katpadi, Ambur, Jolarpettai, Bangarpet, Krishnarajapuram and Bangalore Cantonment.
Advance reservation for the new trains will commence from tomorrow, the railways said.
The double decker train was announced in the 2012-13 railway budget presented in March last year but the launch was delayed due to various reasons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!