Double tumbler system: Six teashop owners held in TN
Dharmapuri (TN): The 'double tumbler' system of discrimination against Dalits and other caste Hindus where they are given separate cups to drink tea came to the fore in two villages after six tea shop owners were arrested on Saturday for indulging in this practice.
Superintendent of Police Asra Garg said a special team, acting on information about the practice in tea shops in Pennagaram and Palacode taluks in the district, kept a watch and nabbed the tea shop owners while they serving the brew separately to the customers.
All of them were produced before the courts in the two taluks and remanded to 15 days judicial custody.
Garg urged villagers and volunteers finding anyone indulding in anti-social practices, including female infanticide in their area, to inform the District Police Office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'