Draftsman gets 3 years jail for taking Rs 750 bribe
Tiruchirappalli (TN): A government draftsman Monday sentenced to three years imprisonment by a court here for taking a bribe of Rs 750 for an official work in 2008.
Special Court Judge Sridhar also slapped a fine of Rs 7,500 on the draftsman of Aravakurichi taluk office for taking the bribe from a person for giving "Field measure report".
According to the Directorate of Vigilange and Anti-Corruption, draftsman Shanmugam was trapped and arrested while receiving the cash of Rs.750 from Vadivelu of Nadhandai Vadakku Pakkam village in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert