Draftsman gets 3 years jail for taking Rs 750 bribe
Tiruchirappalli (TN): A government draftsman Monday sentenced to three years imprisonment by a court here for taking a bribe of Rs 750 for an official work in 2008.
Special Court Judge Sridhar also slapped a fine of Rs 7,500 on the draftsman of Aravakurichi taluk office for taking the bribe from a person for giving "Field measure report".
According to the Directorate of Vigilange and Anti-Corruption, draftsman Shanmugam was trapped and arrested while receiving the cash of Rs.750 from Vadivelu of Nadhandai Vadakku Pakkam village in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?