Draftsman gets 3 years jail for taking Rs 750 bribe
Tiruchirappalli (TN): A government draftsman Monday sentenced to three years imprisonment by a court here for taking a bribe of Rs 750 for an official work in 2008.
Special Court Judge Sridhar also slapped a fine of Rs 7,500 on the draftsman of Aravakurichi taluk office for taking the bribe from a person for giving "Field measure report".
According to the Directorate of Vigilange and Anti-Corruption, draftsman Shanmugam was trapped and arrested while receiving the cash of Rs.750 from Vadivelu of Nadhandai Vadakku Pakkam village in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune