Draftsman gets 3 years jail for taking Rs 750 bribe
Tiruchirappalli (TN): A government draftsman Monday sentenced to three years imprisonment by a court here for taking a bribe of Rs 750 for an official work in 2008.
Special Court Judge Sridhar also slapped a fine of Rs 7,500 on the draftsman of Aravakurichi taluk office for taking the bribe from a person for giving "Field measure report".
According to the Directorate of Vigilange and Anti-Corruption, draftsman Shanmugam was trapped and arrested while receiving the cash of Rs.750 from Vadivelu of Nadhandai Vadakku Pakkam village in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH