DRI recovers 32 kg gold from aircraft, four arrested
Chennai: Thirty-two kg of gold biscuits, worth Rs 15 crore in the international market, were Monday recovered from the lavatory of an Air India flight and four persons arrested in this connection, airport sources said.
Based on a tip-off, Directorate of Revenue Intelligence officials took into custody for questioning Abdul Gaffoor Nasroon and Mohammad Zainul Hussain -- both natives of Kerala, who arrived here by a flight from Dubai around 5.30 AM.
Investigations revealed that they had hidden the gold biscuits in the lavatory of the plane, in which they travelled from Dubai and two accomplices-- Mohammad Yousuf Abdul and Mohammad Yasin Abdul Hussain-- who were waiting to board the same flight on its second leg to Delhi, supposed to pick them up.
The two waiting with boarding passes to board the flight, scheduled to depart at 6.40 AM, were also arrested, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie