DSP arrested on graft charges
Madurai (TN): A DSP has been arrested for allegedly taking Rs 15,000 as bribe from a mill owner for withdrawing a false case registered against him, police said on Tuesday.
The DSP, M Sakthivelu, had demanded bribe from the owner and his sister at Peraiyur near here for withdrawing the false case, police said.
On a complaint from them, a trap was set and the Vigilance and Anti-corruption wing took the DSP into custody while he was receiving the bribe last evening, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16