DSP arrested on graft charges
Madurai (TN): A DSP has been arrested for allegedly taking Rs 15,000 as bribe from a mill owner for withdrawing a false case registered against him, police said on Tuesday.
The DSP, M Sakthivelu, had demanded bribe from the owner and his sister at Peraiyur near here for withdrawing the false case, police said.
On a complaint from them, a trap was set and the Vigilance and Anti-corruption wing took the DSP into custody while he was receiving the bribe last evening, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'