Durai Dayanidhi will act legally: Karunanidhi
Chennai: Barely hours after a Tamil Nadu court Monday issued non-bailable arrest warrant against Durai Dayanidhi in an illegal quarrying case, DMK president M Karunanidhi said his grandson will act legally.
Karunanidhi`s grandson is alleged to have gone into hiding.
Speaking to reporters here on the non-bailable arrest warrant issued for Dayanidhi, the DMK chief said: "Based on lawyer`s advice, he would act legally."
Dayanidhi is the son of Karunanidhi`s son and union Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister MK Alagiri.
Stating that he did not know the reason for Dayanidhi going into "hiding", Karunanidhi reiterated that his grandson would move court.
Dayanidhi was a director in Olympus Granite, one of the companies under the government scanner for illegal quarrying. Police are on the lookout for Dayanidhi and have alerted immigration authorities to stop him and 11 others from leaving the country.
The AIADMK government started its crackdown on illegal granite quarries in the Madurai region after former Madurai collector U Sahayam in a report estimated the losses incurred from illegal granite mining at around Rs 16,000 crore.
Karunanidhi also demanded a detailed investigation by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) over the allocation of granite quarries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016