Dutch national granted bail in child pornography case
Chennai: A Dutch national arrested on
child pornography charges in November last year has been
granted bail by a local court here.
Fifty-six-year-old William Heum was granted
conditional bail last evening by Saidapet metropolitan court
which asked him to sign at the Cyber Crime Wing once a week.
On a tip-off from Interpol, Heum was arrested by the
Cyber wing of the city police under the IT Act for uploading
child pornographic content on the Internet.
Heum is also facing charges of sexually abusing
children at an orphanage in Mahabalipuram in 2002 but was let
out on bail. The trial is going on in the case.
The public prosecutor had earlier said Heum had
confessed to the crime but the latter had denied doing so.
Heum, who has been staying in India for the past 30
years, was arrested on November 7 last year from a house at
Choolaimedu area here. A computer hard disc, laptop and other
accessories were recovered from Heum, who was charged under
different sections of the IT (Amendment Act) 2008.
Heum had told investigators that he was a social
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed