Dutch woman found dead near Chennai
Chennai: A 35-year-old Dutch woman was found dead under mysterious circumstances at a house in the famous seashore temple town of Mamallapuram, about 60 km from here, police said on Saturday.
The death of Jose Vandy Villite Johanna came to light after her boyfriend Martin Joseph Knocker (32), also of the Netherlands, informed the police yesterday, IG of Police (North Zone) C Sylendra Babu said.
Police were questioning Joseph Knocker as his statement gave rise to suspicion, he said.
Joseph Knocker had told police that some unidentified persons barged into the house on the night of March 21 and attacked him and he fell unconscious. When he regained consciousness in the wee hours of March 22, he found the woman
However, he informed the police only yesterday, more than 26 hours after the incident, Babu said. The post-mortem of the woman was underway at the
government hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss