Dutch woman found dead near Chennai
Chennai: A 35-year-old Dutch woman was found dead under mysterious circumstances at a house in the famous seashore temple town of Mamallapuram, about 60 km from here, police said on Saturday.
The death of Jose Vandy Villite Johanna came to light after her boyfriend Martin Joseph Knocker (32), also of the Netherlands, informed the police yesterday, IG of Police (North Zone) C Sylendra Babu said.
Police were questioning Joseph Knocker as his statement gave rise to suspicion, he said.
Joseph Knocker had told police that some unidentified persons barged into the house on the night of March 21 and attacked him and he fell unconscious. When he regained consciousness in the wee hours of March 22, he found the woman
However, he informed the police only yesterday, more than 26 hours after the incident, Babu said. The post-mortem of the woman was underway at the
government hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown