Dutch woman found dead near Chennai
Chennai: A 35-year-old Dutch woman was found dead under mysterious circumstances at a house in the famous seashore temple town of Mamallapuram, about 60 km from here, police said on Saturday.
The death of Jose Vandy Villite Johanna came to light after her boyfriend Martin Joseph Knocker (32), also of the Netherlands, informed the police yesterday, IG of Police (North Zone) C Sylendra Babu said.
Police were questioning Joseph Knocker as his statement gave rise to suspicion, he said.
Joseph Knocker had told police that some unidentified persons barged into the house on the night of March 21 and attacked him and he fell unconscious. When he regained consciousness in the wee hours of March 22, he found the woman
However, he informed the police only yesterday, more than 26 hours after the incident, Babu said. The post-mortem of the woman was underway at the
government hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested