Dutch woman found dead near Chennai
Chennai: A 35-year-old Dutch woman was found dead under mysterious circumstances at a house in the famous seashore temple town of Mamallapuram, about 60 km from here, police said on Saturday.
The death of Jose Vandy Villite Johanna came to light after her boyfriend Martin Joseph Knocker (32), also of the Netherlands, informed the police yesterday, IG of Police (North Zone) C Sylendra Babu said.
Police were questioning Joseph Knocker as his statement gave rise to suspicion, he said.
Joseph Knocker had told police that some unidentified persons barged into the house on the night of March 21 and attacked him and he fell unconscious. When he regained consciousness in the wee hours of March 22, he found the woman
However, he informed the police only yesterday, more than 26 hours after the incident, Babu said. The post-mortem of the woman was underway at the
government hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption