Dutch woman found dead near Chennai
Chennai: A 35-year-old Dutch woman was found dead under mysterious circumstances at a house in the famous seashore temple town of Mamallapuram, about 60 km from here, police said on Saturday.
The death of Jose Vandy Villite Johanna came to light after her boyfriend Martin Joseph Knocker (32), also of the Netherlands, informed the police yesterday, IG of Police (North Zone) C Sylendra Babu said.
Police were questioning Joseph Knocker as his statement gave rise to suspicion, he said.
Joseph Knocker had told police that some unidentified persons barged into the house on the night of March 21 and attacked him and he fell unconscious. When he regained consciousness in the wee hours of March 22, he found the woman
However, he informed the police only yesterday, more than 26 hours after the incident, Babu said. The post-mortem of the woman was underway at the
government hospital, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened