DVAC raids ex-DMK minister`s premises
Chennai: Vigilance officials on Thursday conducted raids at the premises belonging to former DMK minister EV Velu in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
The raids were in progress in Chennai and Tiruvannamalai districts, DVAC sources said.
Velu, presently legislator elected to the Assembly from Tiruvannamalai, is former food minister during the DMK regime.
Several DMK leaders and former Ministers besides MLAs have faced police and DVAC action either on land grab charges or allegations of disproportionate assets after the AIADMK government came to power in May last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?