DVAC raids ex-DMK minister`s premises
Chennai: Vigilance officials on Thursday conducted raids at the premises belonging to former DMK minister EV Velu in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
The raids were in progress in Chennai and Tiruvannamalai districts, DVAC sources said.
Velu, presently legislator elected to the Assembly from Tiruvannamalai, is former food minister during the DMK regime.
Several DMK leaders and former Ministers besides MLAs have faced police and DVAC action either on land grab charges or allegations of disproportionate assets after the AIADMK government came to power in May last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015