DVAC raids ex-DMK minister`s premises
Chennai: Vigilance officials on Thursday conducted raids at the premises belonging to former DMK minister EV Velu in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
The raids were in progress in Chennai and Tiruvannamalai districts, DVAC sources said.
Velu, presently legislator elected to the Assembly from Tiruvannamalai, is former food minister during the DMK regime.
Several DMK leaders and former Ministers besides MLAs have faced police and DVAC action either on land grab charges or allegations of disproportionate assets after the AIADMK government came to power in May last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj