DVAC raids ex-DMK minister`s premises
Chennai: Vigilance officials on Thursday conducted
raids at the premises belonging to former DMK minister EV
Velu in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
The raids were in progress in Chennai and Tiruvannamalai
districts, DVAC sources said.
Velu, presently legislator elected to the Assembly from
Tiruvannamalai, is former food minister during the DMK regime.
Several DMK leaders and former Ministers besides MLAs
have faced police and DVAC action either on land grab charges
or allegations of disproportionate assets after the AIADMK
government came to power in May last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown