DVAC raids ex-DMK minister`s premises
Chennai: Vigilance officials on Thursday conducted
raids at the premises belonging to former DMK minister EV
Velu in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
The raids were in progress in Chennai and Tiruvannamalai
districts, DVAC sources said.
Velu, presently legislator elected to the Assembly from
Tiruvannamalai, is former food minister during the DMK regime.
Several DMK leaders and former Ministers besides MLAs
have faced police and DVAC action either on land grab charges
or allegations of disproportionate assets after the AIADMK
government came to power in May last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug