DVAC raids ex-DMK minister`s premises
Chennai: Vigilance officials on Thursday conducted
raids at the premises belonging to former DMK minister EV
Velu in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
The raids were in progress in Chennai and Tiruvannamalai
districts, DVAC sources said.
Velu, presently legislator elected to the Assembly from
Tiruvannamalai, is former food minister during the DMK regime.
Several DMK leaders and former Ministers besides MLAs
have faced police and DVAC action either on land grab charges
or allegations of disproportionate assets after the AIADMK
government came to power in May last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!
- Not just cash transactions, IT officials also tracking Facebook posts for foreign tour photos!
- Denmark bags Europe's maiden Thomas Cup title