DVAC raids ex-DMK minister`s premises
Chennai: Vigilance officials on Thursday conducted
raids at the premises belonging to former DMK minister EV
Velu in connection with a disproportionate assets case.
The raids were in progress in Chennai and Tiruvannamalai
districts, DVAC sources said.
Velu, presently legislator elected to the Assembly from
Tiruvannamalai, is former food minister during the DMK regime.
Several DMK leaders and former Ministers besides MLAs
have faced police and DVAC action either on land grab charges
or allegations of disproportionate assets after the AIADMK
government came to power in May last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters