DVAC raids middlemen in TN
Chennai: Continuing its action against
alleged irregularities in appointments by Tamil Nadu Public
Service Commission, vigilance sleuths on Tuesday swooped down on
suspected middlemen at 42 places across the state, including
Raids were conducted at 14 places in Chennai and seven at
Madurai, an official release from the Department of Vigilance
and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) here said.
Besides these two, searches at residences and office
premises of `suspected middlemen` were also conducted at
Salem, Coimbatore, Tiruchirappalli, Sivaganga, Salem, Erode,
Kancheepuram, Namakkal, Theni, Vellore, Dharmapuri,
Krishnagiri and Dindigul districts, the release added.
This is the third in a series of raids by DVAC, with TNPSC
Chairman T R Sellamuthu and many members having already come
under the DVAC net.
The charges against Sellamuthu and others include criminal
misconduct by obtaining pecuniary advantage and abuse of
official position, among others.
A case had been filed under different sections of
Prevention of Corruption Act (PCA) over alleged irregularities
in recruitment of Assistant Dental surgeons and Motor Vehicle
inspectors Grade II.
The state government had in August brought the DVAC under
the Vigilance ambit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress