DVAC raids middlemen in TN
Chennai: Continuing its action against
alleged irregularities in appointments by Tamil Nadu Public
Service Commission, vigilance sleuths on Tuesday swooped down on
suspected middlemen at 42 places across the state, including
Raids were conducted at 14 places in Chennai and seven at
Madurai, an official release from the Department of Vigilance
and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) here said.
Besides these two, searches at residences and office
premises of `suspected middlemen` were also conducted at
Salem, Coimbatore, Tiruchirappalli, Sivaganga, Salem, Erode,
Kancheepuram, Namakkal, Theni, Vellore, Dharmapuri,
Krishnagiri and Dindigul districts, the release added.
This is the third in a series of raids by DVAC, with TNPSC
Chairman T R Sellamuthu and many members having already come
under the DVAC net.
The charges against Sellamuthu and others include criminal
misconduct by obtaining pecuniary advantage and abuse of
official position, among others.
A case had been filed under different sections of
Prevention of Corruption Act (PCA) over alleged irregularities
in recruitment of Assistant Dental surgeons and Motor Vehicle
inspectors Grade II.
The state government had in August brought the DVAC under
the Vigilance ambit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state