DVAC raids premises of security officers to Karuna
Chennai: Vigilance officials on Friday raided
premises of three personal security officers to former Tamil
Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi in connection with a
disproportionate assets case.
Search is on in six premises, including properties of the
officers-- Pandian, Ganesan and Vinothan-- and that of those
who bought properties from them, Directorate of Vigilance and
Anti-Corruption sources said.
Several DMK leaders and former Ministers besides MLAS have
faced police and DVAC action either on land grab charges or
allegations of disproportionate assets after the AIADMK
government came to power in April last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video