EC asks ministers not to use govt machinery for political work
Chennai: In order to strictly implement
the model code of conduct in poll-bound Tamil Nadu, the
Election Commission on Sunday restrained ministers from using
government machinery for political visits.
All visits of Central and state government ministers
will be videographed, state Chief Electoral officer (CEO),
Praveen Kumar said.
"In case of visits of Union ministers, no protocol of
official vehicles or other official assistance should be
provided if they have come for political or private visits,"
he said in an official press release in Chennai.
He said their official visits have to be certified to
Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary by the Union Secretary in advance,
and visits cannot be combined with private or political work.
Similarly, state government Ministers cannot make
official visits during this period and no official vehicle,
except those already notified as per security classification
need to be provided to Ministers, he said.
Ministers cannot combine official visits with
electioneering and cannot use official machinery or personnel,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere