EC convenes all-party meet to discuss TN polls
Chennai: The Election Commission on Tuesday
convened an all-party meeting here to discuss on Tamil Nadu
Assembly elections, due in May 2011.
Ruling DMK, AIADMK, Congress, PMK, Left parties, BJP and
Nationalist Congress expressed their views at the meet.
Requesting the EC to ensure smooth conduct of polls, DMK
said it feared opposition parties might indulge in large-scale
impersonation and bogus voting.
"Therefore, we request that adequate steps be taken for
the smooth conduct of elections," Higher Education Minister
Ponmudi, who led the DMK delegation in the meet, said.
The Opposition urged the EC to hold the polls in a single
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS
- Migaloo sighting alert! White humpback whale spotted off Australia's Byron Bay (See pic)
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur
- PHOTO: Vivian Richards' son Mali captures Virat Kohli's knock in painting