EC convenes all-party meet to discuss TN polls
Chennai: The Election Commission on Tuesday
convened an all-party meeting here to discuss on Tamil Nadu
Assembly elections, due in May 2011.
Ruling DMK, AIADMK, Congress, PMK, Left parties, BJP and
Nationalist Congress expressed their views at the meet.
Requesting the EC to ensure smooth conduct of polls, DMK
said it feared opposition parties might indulge in large-scale
impersonation and bogus voting.
"Therefore, we request that adequate steps be taken for
the smooth conduct of elections," Higher Education Minister
Ponmudi, who led the DMK delegation in the meet, said.
The Opposition urged the EC to hold the polls in a single
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened