EC convenes all-party meet to discuss TN polls
Chennai: The Election Commission on Tuesday
convened an all-party meeting here to discuss on Tamil Nadu
Assembly elections, due in May 2011.
Ruling DMK, AIADMK, Congress, PMK, Left parties, BJP and
Nationalist Congress expressed their views at the meet.
Requesting the EC to ensure smooth conduct of polls, DMK
said it feared opposition parties might indulge in large-scale
impersonation and bogus voting.
"Therefore, we request that adequate steps be taken for
the smooth conduct of elections," Higher Education Minister
Ponmudi, who led the DMK delegation in the meet, said.
The Opposition urged the EC to hold the polls in a single
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing