EC convenes all-party meet to discuss TN polls
Chennai: The Election Commission on Tuesday
convened an all-party meeting here to discuss on Tamil Nadu
Assembly elections, due in May 2011.
Ruling DMK, AIADMK, Congress, PMK, Left parties, BJP and
Nationalist Congress expressed their views at the meet.
Requesting the EC to ensure smooth conduct of polls, DMK
said it feared opposition parties might indulge in large-scale
impersonation and bogus voting.
"Therefore, we request that adequate steps be taken for
the smooth conduct of elections," Higher Education Minister
Ponmudi, who led the DMK delegation in the meet, said.
The Opposition urged the EC to hold the polls in a single
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees