Eid celebrated in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Eid al-Fitr was celebrated in Tamil Nadu on Friday with the usual fervour as thousands prayed in mosques across the state.
A large number of Muslims assembled in mosques and offered their prayers, breaking the fast of the holy month of Ramadan.
Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, DMK chief M Karunanidhi, DMDK chief A Vijayakant, PMK founder S Ramadoss and MDMK leader Vaiko greeted Muslims on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan