Eid celebrated in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Eid al-Fitr was celebrated in Tamil Nadu on Friday with the usual fervour as thousands prayed in mosques across the state.
A large number of Muslims assembled in mosques and offered their prayers, breaking the fast of the holy month of Ramadan.
Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, DMK chief M Karunanidhi, DMDK chief A Vijayakant, PMK founder S Ramadoss and MDMK leader Vaiko greeted Muslims on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details