Eight CRPF men injured during training session in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: Eight Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel were injured when a high explosive device detonated accidentally during a training exercise in Coimbatore.
This mishap took place at the Central Training College (CTC) here on Saturday.
The CRPF cadets were undergoing training to counter Maoist attacks on a practice ground when a module to diffuse an explosive device malfunctioned.
A doctor at the hospital where the injured trainees are being treated said that they had received minor injuries and seven of them are out of danger.
"Eight CRPF trainees who unfortunately had some minor injuries following a high explosive blast, which was supposed to be carried out as a training module for them to train in the bomb blast practice. Out of the eight trainees who got admitted here, seven have minor injuries," said Dr. Ashok Hariharan at the hospital.
Dr. Hariharan also added to say that none of the injured received any head injuries, which was a big relief to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past