Eight CRPF men injured during training session in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: Eight Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel were injured when a high explosive device detonated accidentally during a training exercise in Coimbatore.
This mishap took place at the Central Training College (CTC) here on Saturday.
The CRPF cadets were undergoing training to counter Maoist attacks on a practice ground when a module to diffuse an explosive device malfunctioned.
A doctor at the hospital where the injured trainees are being treated said that they had received minor injuries and seven of them are out of danger.
"Eight CRPF trainees who unfortunately had some minor injuries following a high explosive blast, which was supposed to be carried out as a training module for them to train in the bomb blast practice. Out of the eight trainees who got admitted here, seven have minor injuries," said Dr. Ashok Hariharan at the hospital.
Dr. Hariharan also added to say that none of the injured received any head injuries, which was a big relief to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’