Eight CRPF men injured during training session in Coimbatore
Coimbatore: Eight Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel were injured when a high explosive device detonated accidentally during a training exercise in Coimbatore.
This mishap took place at the Central Training College (CTC) here on Saturday.
The CRPF cadets were undergoing training to counter Maoist attacks on a practice ground when a module to diffuse an explosive device malfunctioned.
A doctor at the hospital where the injured trainees are being treated said that they had received minor injuries and seven of them are out of danger.
"Eight CRPF trainees who unfortunately had some minor injuries following a high explosive blast, which was supposed to be carried out as a training module for them to train in the bomb blast practice. Out of the eight trainees who got admitted here, seven have minor injuries," said Dr. Ashok Hariharan at the hospital.
Dr. Hariharan also added to say that none of the injured received any head injuries, which was a big relief to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Un turns into a matchmaker for his sister, set to host dating contest
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- All you want to know about Salman Khan-Arijit Singh feud! – Details inside
- Donald Trump fires his national political director - campaign sources
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon urges dialogue with North Korea