Eight TN fishermen remanded in Lanka
Rameswaram: Eight fishermen from here, arrested by the Sri Lankan navalmen near Katchatheevu, were on Sunday remanded in judicial custody till June 27 by a court in the island nation.
The fishermen, arrested yesterday, were produced before the judicial magistrate court in Mannar which sent them to judicial custody, officials here said, quoting information received by them.
The eight were arrested along with their two boats by the Sri Lankan Naval personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state