Eight TN fishermen remanded in Lanka
Rameswaram: Eight fishermen from here, arrested by the Sri Lankan navalmen near Katchatheevu, were on Sunday remanded in judicial custody till June 27 by a court in the island nation.
The fishermen, arrested yesterday, were produced before the judicial magistrate court in Mannar which sent them to judicial custody, officials here said, quoting information received by them.
The eight were arrested along with their two boats by the Sri Lankan Naval personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth