Eight TN fishermen remanded in Lanka
Rameswaram: Eight fishermen from here, arrested by the Sri Lankan navalmen near Katchatheevu, were on Sunday remanded in judicial custody till June 27 by a court in the island nation.
The fishermen, arrested yesterday, were produced before the judicial magistrate court in Mannar which sent them to judicial custody, officials here said, quoting information received by them.
The eight were arrested along with their two boats by the Sri Lankan Naval personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam